Have A Growing Scar On Your Skin? How To Deal With Keloids

If you have a scar on your skin that has raised considerably and become lumpy or ridged, you may have developed an irregular tissue formation called a keloid. Keloids can form around acne scars, ear piercings, chickenpox scars, surgical incision sites, and so on. Keloids are mainly a cosmetic concern, but they can be itchy or tender if clothing or other forms of friction chafe the skin. Read on to learn more about keloids and how a dermatologist can treat them.